#GivingTuesday to Help Foster Kids
After the flurry of Thanksgiving, followed by the shopping weekend that is bookended by Black Friday and Cyber Monday, it’s nice to step back and reflect on what the holiday season is truly about. The Tuesday after Thanksgiving has come to be known as #GivingTuesday, when many people make donations or otherwise support the nonprofits and charities that they care about.
What Does Your Donation Do?
Mattress Firm Foster Kids makes it easy to give to foster kids in your local community. Throughout the year, we partner with nonprofits across the country to help provide foster children with essential items like new pajamas, clothing, shoes and school supplies.
During this holiday season, here are a few ways your donation could be used to touch the life of a foster kid:
- A $10 donation purchases a toy truck or doll that could find its way to a foster child’s stocking.
- $20 buys a set of building blocks or an art set to encourage a young artist’s creativity.
- $50 can buy electronics for teens.
- $100 buys a bike for a child or teen to play or get to school.
Check out this short video to see how the process works, and what happens to your donation after you drop it off at a Mattress Firm location.
Remember Mattress Firm Foster Kids on #GivingTuesday
The holiday season is magical for many of us, but it can be a particularly difficult time of year for foster children, who sometimes deal with uncertainty of where they might live or they were just removed from their homes. Also, during the process of going through several placements, they might have had to leave behind essential or sentimental items.
On Giving Tuesday, we’re matching up to $5,000 in donations to Ticket to Dream – a foundation that strives to help foster kids get the tools they need to succeed. There are a few ways you can help support the agencies working to help foster children cope and thrive in what could be a trying time:
- You can donate online at MattressFirmFosterKids.org.
- Participate in our Holiday Toy Drive by dropping off a new, unwrapped toy at any Mattress Firm store location.
- Encourage your friends, family or coworkers to donate by creating an online campaign.
With your help we can spread holiday cheer by ensuring every kid experiences the magic of the holidays! Help us spread some cheer to those that need it most this #GivingTuesday and all season long.