9 Best Father-Daughter Dance Songs For Your Wedding
Few wedding moments are more special than the father-daughter dance. If you're getting ready to tie the knot, picking the perfect father-daughter dance song may be at the top of your to-do list.
Not sure what song to play for that big moment? It can be tricky to capture that one-of-a-kind relationship between a father and daughter with just one song. But we've got you covered.
Here are some of our personal favorites:
- 'Butterfly Kisses' – Bob CarlisleA simple, classic choice that will bring tears to the eyes of even the most reluctant wedding guests.
- 'Just Fishin' – Trace AdkinsThis moderately paced, modern tune tells the story of a father taking his daughter fishing – a reminder that some of the best memories are made when we least expect them.
- 'My Little Girl' – Tim McGrawAnother song about the love between father and daughter. This is a slower one, so you won't have to worry if dad hasn't taken a dance lesson since his own wedding.
- 'Just the Way You Are' – Billy JoelThis one is less common for weddings, given its more moderate pace, but classic Billy Joel.
- 'Delaney Talks to Statues' – Jimmy BuffettBuffett wrote this one about his own daughter, sharing the simple joy of spending the day with her on a boat. It's a great choice if you're looking for something that's upbeat, but still has a warm message.
- 'There Goes My Life' – Kenny ChesneyThis is a slower song that tells the story of a father who wasn't sure if he was ready for a daughter until she arrived – a sure reminder that some of life's best blessings are unexpected.
- 'Brown Eyed Girl' – Van MorrisonIf you'd prefer your guests leave their tears at the ceremony, keep energy high with a brighter, quicker song like this one.
- 'Sweet Pea' – Amos LeeAnother more upbeat tune for fathers and daughters who want to keep guests tapping their feet all night.
- 'Ready, Set, Don't Go' – Billy Rae CyrusCyrus sings this song as a duet with his daughter Miley, recounting his own heartfelt message about how hard it is to say goodbye to your daughter – a perfect fit for any wedding.
With all the nitty-gritty decision making that comes along with planning the big day, it's easy to let some of the small things fall by the wayside, but don't let this important moment for you and your dad be one of them. Plus, the earlier you pick the song, the more time you'll have to teach dad to dance!