#PassTheYawn to Win!
Have you ever been in a room full of people and caught someone's yawn? You know what we're talking about - you see someone else stretching their jaw and suddenly you fall into a yawning frenzy. More contagious than a cold, yawns can turn a productive day into a sleepy downward spiral. Whether you caught a yawn from someone else or it's due to boredom, tiredness or your brain needing a jolt, scientists have yet to figure out the exact reason for those annoying yawns.
Show How Contagious Yawns Can Be With #PassTheYawn
We know you can all relate to this. Do you frequently find yourself in a fit of yawns at work or discover your kids passing yawns with your dog? If so, capture these moments and share them with us for a chance to win great prizes! From Tuesday, April 19 and Monday, April 25, #PassTheYawn with us to show just how contagious yawns can be!
How To Enter The Mattress Firm #PassTheYawn Contest
- Follow @MattressFirm on Instagram.
- Make sure your Instagram account is public or we won't see your entry. (You can turn your privacy settings back on in a few hours.)
- Post a photo or video of yourself, your child, your friend, your pet, etc. yawning on Instagram. Use the hashtag #PassTheYawn and tag @MattressFirm in your caption. (Make sure your post is a new one - it must have been newly uploaded from April 19-25. You can't edit an existing post and tag it with the hashtag.)
Don't have Instagram? You can upload your photo or video directly to our content gallery on www.StopYawnTalking.org.
A Few Lucky Sleepyheads Will Win One Of The Following Awesome Prizes
A queen size Beautyrest Vinings PL Mattress set, with a total approximate retail value of $1,100, to help keep those yawns away.
A sleep package stocked with a gel mask, scented sheet spray, blanket and a Teavana starter kit to help make sure you sleep happy and wake up one the right side of the bed every morning.
Winners will be announced by April 30. We hope you'll join the yawnversation with us!
#PassTheYawn Instagram Contest
Sponsored by Mattress Firm
April 19-25, 2016
NO PURCHASE, APPLICATION, OR USE OF MATTRESS FIRM PRODUCTS OR SERVICES IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Mattress Firm's "# PassTheYawn" Instagram contest (the "Contest") is open only to legal residents of the 48 continental United States and the District of Columbia. Participants must be at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry and have an Instagram account to be eligible. Employees, officers and directors of Mattress Firm, Inc. d/b/a Mattress Firm (the "Sponsor"), Jackson Spalding, Inc., Small Fry, and their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, or law firms (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members of any such employee, officer or director, and any person residing in their same households, whether or not related, are not eligible to participate in the Contest or win a Prize. The term "immediate family member" includes spouses, un-married partners, parents, grandparents, siblings, children, and grandchildren and their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside. By entering the Contest, participants agree to accept and be bound by all terms of these Official Rules and Mattress Firm's decisions. The Contest is subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations and is void wherever prohibited by law.
2. SPONSOR: Mattress Firm, Inc. d/b/a Mattress Firm, 5815 Gulf Freeway, Houston, Texas 77023 ("Mattress Firm" or "Sponsor" or the "Company"). The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with Instagram. By entering, you understand that you are providing your information to Mattress Firm, and not to Instagram. See Section 10 of these Official Rules for details about how your information may be used.
3. AGREEMENT TO OFFICIAL RULES: Entry in the Contest constitutes participant's full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a Prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
4. ENTRY PERIOD: The Contest begins at 12:00 a.m. EDT on, Tuesday, April 19, 2016 and concludes at 11:59 p.m. EDT on, Monday, April 25, 2016 (the "Promotion Period"). Entries submitted prior to or after the Promotion Period will be disqualified.
5. HOW TO ENTER:
- During the Contest Period, you may enter by posting one (1) photo or video of yourself or someone else while yawning using the hashtag #PassTheYawn on Instagram or by directly uploading the photo or video on www.StopYawnTalking.org. Limit one (1) entry per Instagram account if uploading through Instagram, or one (1) entry per email address if uploading your photo or video on www.StopYawnTalking.org.
- You must use the hashtag #PassTheYawn and tag @MattressFirm in the caption of your photo or video, and follow @MattressFirm on Instagram in order to be entered.
All eligible Entries received during the entire Contest Period must be received by 11:59 p.m. EDT on April 25, 2016 to be eligible for the random drawing. The clock used by Instagram will be the official clock for the Contest.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. No purchase is required for entry and will not improve or increase your odds of winning.
Use of computer programs and other automatic means to enter the Contest is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Normal Internet access and usage charges imposed by your online service may apply.
Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the permitted number of Entries by using multiple and/or different identities, registrations, addresses or any other method will void all of that entrant's Entries and that entrant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. None of the Contest Entities shall be responsible for misdirected, incomplete, lost or unavailable network connections, or failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions or other errors or problems which may limit a participant's ability to participate in the Contest or damage to a user's system as a result of participation in the Contest or downloading of any information necessary to participate in the Contest. False or deceptive entries or acts, as determined by Sponsor or Promoter, will render the entrant ineligible. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or modify the Contest should any computer virus, malfunction or other cause beyond their control corrupt the administration, security or proper operation of the Contest. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. All entries must be submitted in the name of an individual person and a prize can only be awarded to the person whose name is on or corresponds to each winning entry. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded.
6. HOW TO WIN: At or around 5:00 p.m. EDT on Wednesday, April 27, 2016, Promoter will randomly select three winners from among all eligible entries received. The potential winners will be notified through a comment on their original contest entry on Instagram or via email for entries uploaded through StopYawnTalking.org. Within twenty-four (24) hours after notification is sent, the potential winner must respond on Instagram or via email confirming eligibility and acceptance of the Prize to become a "Winner." If a potential winner does not submit a timely reply, an alternate winner may be selected at Sponsor's sole discretion. Notification is deemed sent when the comment is posted by Sponsor. All decisions of Sponsor and/or Promoter in all matters relating to the Contest are final and binding. The odds of winning a Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Sponsor, and/or Promoter, may elect, at its sole discretion, to select an alternate winner from eligible entries, if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable, the potential winner fails to respond to notification attempt within the stated time period, or in the event the potential winner declines the Prize. If no eligible Winner can be identified after reasonable attempts, Prize may not be awarded.
7. PRIZE: The reporting and payment of any tax liabilities incurred by the entrant as a result of this Contest and any Prize won are the sole responsibility of the entrant. No substitution or transfer of Prize or cash redemptions permitted by Winner without Sponsor's consent. Unclaimed prizes may not be awarded. Prizes include:
- The grand prize winner will receive: One (1) queen size Beautyrest Vinings PL Mattress with one (1) 2015 BRWC (Beauty Rest World Class) queen box frame from Mattress Firm. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $1,099.99.
- One runner-up winner will receive: one (1) Lavender Bliss Pillow from Mattress Firm. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $129.
- A second runner-up winner will receive: One (1) Keurig® K10/K15 Brewing System in Black and one (1) YETI 20 oz. Rambler Tumbler Cup. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $109.98.
- A third runner-up will receive: One (1) Dream Essentials Soothing Gel Cooling Eye Mask, Aqua Blue, one (1) Egyptian Cotton Fabric & Room Freshener Spray, one (1) Nap™ Plush Throw Blanket and, one (1) Teavana Starter Kit: Gold. The total approximate retail value of the prize is $105.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS, RELEASE, INDEMNIFICATION AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By entering the Contest, entrants agree to release, indemnify, hold harmless and defend the Contest Entities or Instagram from any and all liability claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages or losses to persons (including wrongful death) and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt, ownership, possession or use of the Prize by Winner and/or other users of the Prize, or while winner and/or guest or user of the Prize is preparing for, participating in, and/or traveling to or from any prize-related activity. The Contest Entities expressly disclaim any responsibility or liability for injury or loss to any person or property relating to the delivery, acceptance, possession and/or subsequent use or misuse of the Prize awarded. In the event more Winner notifications are issued, or more winning Prize claims are received, than the number of Prizes set forth in these Official Rules due to computer, printing, seeding, human, or other error or problem, Sponsor and/or Promoter may select an alternate winner to award the proper number of Prizes as set forth in these Official Rules. In the event of sabotage, acts of God, computer virus or other events or causes beyond the Sponsor's reasonable control, which corrupt the integrity, administration, security or proper operation of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Prize will be awarded from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to the event requiring such cancellation. As a condition of entering the Contest, entrant hereby RELEASES, WAIVES, DISCHARGES AND COVENANTS NOT TO SUE ANY CONTEST ENTITY, INCLUDING INSTAGRAM, MATTRESS FIRM, INC AND ITS AFFILIATES FOR ANY AND ALL LOSS OR DAMAGE, AND/OR ANY CLAIM OR DEMANDS THEREFORE, ON ACCOUNT OF TAXES OWED OR INJURY TO THE PERSON (INCLUDING WRONGFUL DEATH) OR PROPERTY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO USE, OWNERSHIP OR RECEIPT OF THE PRIZE AND/OR TRAVELING TO OR FROM ANY PRIZE-RELATED ACTIVITY, WHETHER CAUSED BY THE NEGLIGENCE OF A CONTEST ENTITY OR OTHERWISE.
Requests for copies of the Official Rules must be received by 5:00 p.m. on July 25, 2016 and requests for identification of the Winners must be received by May 31, 2016. In addition, the Winners' names will be made available no later than May 6, 2016 at 6:00 p.m. EDT.