Congratulations, you’re married! The papers are signed, the wedding is over and you’re ready to settle in to life as newlyweds. One of the most daunting parts of moving into a new home with your spouse is the list of things you need to purchase as a new family: costs add up quickly.
Sleep Accessories For Your Wedding Registry
Once the registry items are checked off, it can be tough to prioritize what’s next. But we know that the couple who snoozes well together stays together. So before you buy those extra long-stemmed wine glasses to complete your registry, check out some of these items that will help you and your partner get a sound snooze:
- A bigger mattress: You’re sharing a bed with your spouse now, so you want to consider how much space you’ll need during the night. If your bedroom allows for it, consider upgrading to a king size mattress — you’ll thank us later!
- Adjustable base: Adjusting to sharing a bed with another person is made simple with the addition of an adjustable base. Adjustable bases allow for customizing you and your spouse’s sleeping positions and optimizing the bed for entertainment and lounging. Plus, the reclining feature can help ease body aches (and snoring!).
- A set of memory foam pillows: Help ensure you and your spouse are getting a good night’s sleep with the right pillows. Memory foam pillows can adjust to your head and neck for ultimate comfort and work for a variety of sleepers. Whether your partner is a back sleeper or you tend to sleep on your side, memory foam pillows are available in a variety of comfort levels from soft to extra firm.
- Bed sheets and linens: Want to make every night feels like your honeymoon? You don’t have to check in to a fancy hotel room! Invest in some new sheets and your home could soon look and feel more like a suite (minus the room service). Crisp, quality sheets are an easy way to keep your mattress feeling clean and fresh.
- A spot for your four-legged friend: If your bed is getting a bit crowded between your spouse and your pet, it may be time to consider a pet bed from Mattress Firm. Pet blankets and beds can help create a comfortable space for your furry friend to sleep comfortably out of your bed.
While marriage comes with sacrifices and compromise, one part of your life that shouldn’t be compromised is your sleep. Do a bit of research beforehand so you can go into the store informed and ultimately help you save time shopping.
For more guidance, check out our mattress shopping checklist. When it comes to a new marriage, there are a lot of things to celebrate — make a great night’s sleep one of them!
About The Author
The Daily Dozers The Daily Dozers are the mattress experts behind The Daily Doze, pooling their knowledge to bring you all that you need to know about what’s right under your head (literally). The Daily Dozers are team members who have been embedded in the mattress industry for years, whether that’s at one of our thousands of neighborhood stores, or in our hometown of Houston at BedQuarters. These product experts can answer any question you might have about your bed. From ‘what size mattress do I need for my room?’ to ‘how do I know if I need an adjustable base?’ – there’s no topic too tired for The Daily Dozers. Even better? The Daily Dozers work together with The Savvy Savers to make sure you’re getting the bed you want, at a price you can’t find anywhere else.