DIY Backyard Movie Night with Mattress Firm
Expecting our first baby later this month, my husband and I are trying to squeeze in as much time together as we are able to, while also staying comfortable. As other expectant mothers may know, sitting in a movie theater for hours can cause stiffness and back pain, not to mention the glares from others as you meander your way in and out of the aisle multiple times throughout the show for potty and snack breaks. Not always the most relaxing way to spend an evening!
To avoid the trouble that can come with going to the movie theater eight months into your pregnancy, my husband and I decided to create a movie night of our own. We got creative and transformed our backyard into a festive outdoor theater. Of course, we got plenty of movie theater snacks to set the tone!
Instead of sticky, uncomfortable movie theater seats and being worried that someone is going to use your head as a footstool, we opted for a cozier choice: Our brand new Sleepy's Cool Plush 12" Mattress. :) Using our new mattress for seating, the bump and I immediately felt supported, stable and oh so happy. The best part? Being able to stretch out and get up whenever we needed to—even if it was just for a popcorn refill.
We picked out the mattress as a way to make our guest bedroom more comfortable and thought that this movie night was a perfect fun way to test it out. This is one of our favorite Mattress Firm products since our guests can use it and we can too.
The mattress we selected also comes with Advanced Cooling Technology, keeping everyone—even pregnant, overheated women like myself!—cool and comfortable all night long.
Here is what you need to recreate this DIY Movie Night inspired by Mattress Firm mamas in your own backyard:
- A Sleepy's Cool Plush 12" Mattress with Advanced Cooling Technology—only found at Mattress Firm
- Sheets, blankets and pillows—the more the better!
- Snacks. Plenty of snacks! We opted for the classics (buttered popcorn, Whoppers, Raisinets, Sour Patch Kids, Junior Mints, Skittles, Twizzlers), but pizza and ice cream sundaes, or a cheese board and crudités, would all be equally delicious.
- Globe lights or lanterns. While not necessary, they do add a romantic—and festive— touch.
- Projector or laptop. We used the latter, and hooked it up to our portable speaker for a bit more volume.
- Movies! With our new mattress keeping us comfortable, we opted for a double feature: thriller first, followed by a comedy. We chose Talented Mr. Ripley and Crazy, Stupid, Love—two of our favorites.
Along with spending quality time with your partner and staying comfortable, getting enough sleep is a crucial part of pregnancy. This is especially true as your due date nears and nerves, excitement and anxiety all work together to keep you up at night. The Sleepy's Cool Plush Mattress is not only perfect for an impromptu backyard movie, but more importantly, for helping with those hard-to-sleep nights before the baby comes.
If you are worried about your comfort when sleeping visit and Mattress Firm location near you and one of our employees will help you find exactly what you need to rest easy during this exciting time.