This month’s Sleep Health News Round-up presents tips from scientists, interior designers and gadget gurus, to answer the sleepily mumbled question, “How can I get a better night’s sleep?” Learn how making more money often means getting less sleep, and why professional athletes around the world – golfers, footballers and basketball stars alike – are consulting with sleep experts to improve their performance. Here is what the internet is saying this month on how to go to sleep and how to sleep better:
- The ultimate bedroom design tips for the best night’s sleep. A new infographic from London furniture company Made.com shows scientifically proven interior design techniques that will help you sleep better.
- 3 ways to use tech to sleep better. There are several sleep-improvement gadgets and apps that can help you get more Zzzz! Fox News explores a few of the best sleep apps, including mobile apps and sleep monitoring devices.
- Is sleeping more than 8 hours beneficial? According to findings recently published in scientific journal Neurology, sleeping more than eight hours may cause an increased risk for stroke. As part of the sleep study, 10,000 participants were monitored for almost 10 years.
- Johns Hopkins doctors develop app to identify sleep disorders. A new mobile app developed by doctors at Johns Hopkins promises to help diagnose the approximately 60 million Americans with sleep disorders.
- A lift golfers can get with their eyes closed. Several professional sports teams consult with sleep experts to improve their performance, including golfers. Sleep Specialist Dr. Chris Winter, sleep consultant to the New York Giants, discusses some tips for athletes.
- When work and sleep conflict, work wins. A recent study from the U.S. Department of Labor reveals that the more money people make, the less they sleep.
- How to nap like a pro in five easy steps. This humorous tutorial offers five simple tips to make you a better napper. From the timing of your nap, to the area where you sleep, this guide provides comical insight to improve your nap technique.
- How Gareth Bale and Real Madrid sleep their way to the top. The performance benefits experienced by athletes who take their sleep seriously is undeniable. That’s why Real Madrid’s sports scientist and conditioning coach, Jack Nayler, invited elite sport sleep coach Nick Littlehales to the club to coach his squad on how to sleep better.
- Stop using the internet so much if you want to benefit from it. New research confirms the power of sleep when it comes to learning and how screen time can hinder that learning.
About The Author
The Daily Dozers The Daily Dozers are the mattress experts behind The Daily Doze, pooling their knowledge to bring you all that you need to know about what’s right under your head (literally). The Daily Dozers are team members who have been embedded in the mattress industry for years, whether that’s at one of our thousands of neighborhood stores, or in our hometown of Houston at BedQuarters. These product experts can answer any question you might have about your bed. From ‘what size mattress do I need for my room?’ to ‘how do I know if I need an adjustable base?’ – there’s no topic too tired for The Daily Dozers. Even better? The Daily Dozers work together with The Savvy Savers to make sure you’re getting the bed you want, at a price you can’t find anywhere else.