A Message from Mattress Firm’s CEO on COVID-19
Updated March 22, 2020:
At Mattress Firm, we know that sleep is essential to overall well-being especially during times of high stress and anxiety. In fact, the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) highlights sleep as one way you can support yourself as we navigate this time.
We are actively monitoring government orders and consumer demand to determine locations that are able to remain open. To see if your local store is still open, please call the store location.
Deliveries are still occurring in most markets. We are now giving customers the option for contactless delivery, where the customer can sign for their purchase at the door and we will leave the merchandise there.
As always, customers have the option to shop with us online, through chat or over the phone. As the situation continues to evolve, we are monitoring guidelines and recommendations from the CDC and other government officials and will make any necessary adjustments as needed. We appreciate your patience, understanding and support as we navigate these circumstances.
March 16, 2020
Mattress Firm cares deeply about the health and wellness of our customers and employees. During times of extreme stress and uncertainty, it is even more important to ensure you are getting quality sleep to stay healthy. During the COVID-19 pandemic, Mattress Firm has taken additional measures to ensure our customers and employees remain safe while also keeping within the guidelines produced by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines.
Steps We are Taking to Address COVID-19:
Practicing safe hygiene has always been a standard at Mattress Firm, however, we have implemented additional measures to ensure our customers and employees are safe. Some of these additional measures include:
- Enhanced, regular cleaning of high-touch points, including our door handles, phones, bathrooms and mattresses.
- Providing customers with pillow napkin protectors for them to use while lying down on a bed.
- Having hand sanitizer or wipes available in customer pick-up areas.
- Sending reminders on the importance of personal hygiene to all associates and informing them to not come into work when sick.
- Suspending large in-person meetings and non-essential domestic travel.
- Per CDC recommendations, we have asked all associates (or immediate family members) who have traveled to at-risk locations for business or pleasure to self-quarantine for 14-days.
- If any of our employees aren’t feeling well or do not feel comfortable working during this time, we are asking them to stay home.
Having your mattress delivered with care and safe practices has always been a standard at Mattress Firm, however, we’re taking extra precautions to address the safety of both our drivers and our customers within their homes. Some of these additional measures include:
- All of our mattresses are delivered in sealed, plastic bags.
- Our delivery teams are cleaning the trucks twice a day.
- Proactively asking customers if they would like for us to use gloves when making their delivery.
- Wiping down all tablets and phones with alcohol-based screen wipes after every delivery stop.
- Enhanced cleaning of our distribution centers in high traffic areas.
- All mattress removals will be completely sealed within the customer’s home before being placed in our truck.
We know these are stressful times for everyone and ensuring people get quality sleep on the perfect mattress has always been an essential part of Mattress Firm. We encourage everyone to look at sleep as a tool to help combat the anxiety and stress during these times, and to help maintain a healthy lifestyle. Here are a few helpful resources to make sure you’re getting the best sleep you can:
- The Best Ways to Naturally Reduce Stress
- The Benefits of a Weighted Blanket
- How Do I Know If I Got a Good Night's Sleep?
As we continue to monitor this situation, we will keep this blog post updated with the latest information or changes.
As always, we strive to place our customer at the center of everything we do, and we are doing everything in our power to ensure a safe shopping experience and healthy environment for our associates. While our stores remain open for business, we want to remind you that there are many great ways to shop with Mattress Firm — whether it be in-store, online, through chat or over the phone.
Thank you for continuing to be a loyal Mattress Firm customer.