MATTRESS MATCHUP: Tuft & Needle vs. Purple
Ah, the bed in a box. Easy to buy, easy to ship, easy to unroll—and even easier to fall asleep on. With so many bed-in-a-box brands to choose from, the choice overload can be real. Not to worry! Last time, we compared Nectar mattresses vs. Purple and now, it’s time for another installment.
In this week’s mattress matchup, Tuft & Needle mattresses vs. Purple, we compare the National Sleep Foundation’s best all-foam bed in a box, Tuft & Needle, with science-y internet sensation Purple. As always, both beds have a fighting chance, but who will come out on top?
It’s the battle of the beds: Tuft & Needle vs. Purple.
Say my name, say my name
What’s in a name? Well, a lot. A name can tell you a lot about a person, and it can also tell you a lot about your mattress. In the Tuft & Needle vs. Purple debate, we’re breaking down model names and mattress heights. Consider us your fairy… snoozemother.
- Tuft & Needle: Original (10”); Hybrid (12”)
- Purple: .2 Hybrid (11”); .3 Hybrid (12”); .4 Hybrid (13”)
Get comfy…be happy…
The entire process of buying a bed in a box is straightforward, which means you’re pretty much guaranteed to find something that’s just the right amount of comfy. In comparing Tuft & Needle mattresses vs. Purple, we picked out just a few of the many pros (there are way too many to list) and trust us—there’s something for everyone.
- Tuft & Needle: Medium firmness makes Tuft & Needle mattresses universally comfortable for all sleepers.
- Purple: Plush, medium or firm options offer no-pressure support for everybody (a huge hit with side and back sleepers).
Let’s talk shop
We all have to settle here and there. But when it comes to sleep, you deserve the absolute best. That’s why, when comparing mattresses, what’s on the inside matters just as much as what’s on the outside. Our Tuft & Needle mattresses vs. Purple matchup is no exception.
- Tuft & Needle: This trusted brand utilizes quality materials like its proprietary Adaptive® foam and responsive, supportive springs for cooling, universally comfortable mattresses.
- Purple: Hybrid technology features exclusive Purple Grid™ and individually wrapped, responsive-support coils for comfort that adapts to your body.
- Both: All materials are rigorously tested and certified by CertiPUR-US® to meet strict emissions, content, performance and durability standards.
The Perks of Sleeping on a Bed in a Box
In this week’s Tuft & Needle mattress vs. Purple mattress face-off, there’s no shortage of perks, regardless of which bed you choose. You can’t go wrong either way, but what if you change your mind? Thankfully, you can rest easy with our 120 Night Sleep Trial: If, within 120 nights, you decide your bed isn’t the perfect fit for you, we’ll help you find another.
- Tuft & Needle: Merged with leading mattress manufacturer Serta Simmons Bedding to provide “quality craftsmanship without the gimmicks”; it’s available to shop online and arrives to your door in a box
- Purple: Ranked #1 in J.D. Power bed-in-a-box customer satisfaction report; it’s available to shop in store or online and arrives to your door in a bag
- Both: FREE delivery to your door
Tell us how you really feel
When comparing mattresses, research is key—and these days, reviews are first-line research. We may be mattress experts, but to keep the Tuft & Needle vs. Purple comparison fair and square, let’s see what other sleepers had to say.
- Tuft & Needle: Kyle M. calls this bed “heavenly,” noting that T&N beds are supportive all over “regardless of where I’m positioned.”
- Purple: Has 42,000 verified reviews and counting; Simon N. credits Purple for “the best sleep I’ve had in years!”
We broke it down for you. But when it comes to Tuft & Needle mattresses vs. Purple, the final decision is yours. For those of you asking, “Why do I have to choose just one?”—well, do we have a bonus bed for you! Cue the Sleepy’s Gel Matrix™ hybrid. With the comfort of ultra-conforming, gel-infused memory foam, the pressure relief of Gel Matrix™ technology and the support of individually wrapped innerspring coils, this bed is the ultimate hybrid. That’s why it’s a great alternative for both Tuft & Needle mattresses and Purple. Plus, its medium firmness makes the Sleepy’s Gel Matrix™ hybrid a great choice for virtually all sleepers. It really is the best of both worlds.