Buying Guide: Single Sleepers
What no one has probably told you is that being single means not having to compromise or sacrifice your needs and wants for a significant other's. And the best part? You don't have to share your bed!
If you're single and in the market for a new mattress, or you're just ready to break up (with your old one) you're in the best position possible because you can get exactly what YOU want. A new mattress can literally change every part of your life. It affects the comfort and functionality of your bedroom and the way you live at home. Also, lack of sleep can lead to irritability, poor diet and an overall decline in health. And, no matter which bed you choose, your budget will stretch further at Mattress Firm so that you can get the bed you want at an unbeatable price.
We've compiled a guide to help you make your mattress decision as easy as possible. Because who needs a significant other when your mattress will never leave or betray you?
Do Your Research
- Visit one of the Mattress Firm locations near you to research all of the best mattress options. There are tons of different mattress types and mattress sizes, so do some research to see what qualities you're looking for. Not having to worry about a significant other's preferences will leave you with tons of different options when looking at beds.
- Consider your current sleeping positions. If you're a "starfish sleeper," — for example — you may want a queen size or king size bed so you have the wiggle room to sprawl out.
- Create a list of "must-haves" and things you're willing to live without. Going through this process will give you a good idea of what you're looking for when buying a mattress.
- Put our helpful mattress shopping checklist to work.
While You're Browsing
- Be upfront about your needs and wants. Having done your research ahead of time will help you communicate your preferences to your Mattress Firm sales expert, and help them lead you in the right direction.
- Try before you buy. The best way to find your perfect match is to actually lie down on the mattresses in-store. Give each mattress a solid five minutes of moving around to different sleeping positions so you can get a feel for its comfort level.
- Don't leave any stone left unturned. Since you're only shopping for yourself, be sure and test out all of your options so you don't overlook anything. There are lots of different kinds of mattresses available, and you don't want to miss your perfect match!
- Don't settle. Your sales expert will do everything in his or her power to find the best mattress that's right for you. But, if you don't love it right away, don't be afraid to keep looking.
- Consider sizing-up. There's no rule that says single-sleepers shouldn't sleep in a king-size mattress if that's what works best for your sleep style.
- Give it some time. A new mattress can take time to adjust to your body, so we recommend giving the mattress a minimum of 30 nights of rest to allow for the adjustment period.
- Find your perfect sleeping accessories. Pillows, sheets and other accessories matter just as much as the mattress itself. Take time to pick out ones that you'll love and align with your style and comfort preferences. You'll be that much more happy with your bed!
- If you are not happy with your new bed, Mattress Firm returns are easy. If you are not satisfied with your mattress anytime within 120 nights from original delivery, we'll take it back.
At Mattress Firm, we know that bigger does mean better when it comes to your mattress. And we’re here to tell you that bigger is also in your budget, so now is the time to give yourself the luxury of a larger bed, at a price you can afford.