Buying Guide: Single Sleepers
What no one has probably told you is that being single means not having to compromise or sacrifice your needs and wants for a significant other's. And the best part? You don't have to share your bed!
If you're single and in the market for a new mattress, or you're just ready to break up (with your old one), you're in the best position possible because you can get exactly what you want. A new mattress can change your life—lack of sleep can lead to irritability, poor diet and an overall decline in health so finding your perfect mattress match will help you get the rest you need.
We've compiled a guide to help you make your mattress decision as easy as possible. Because who needs a significant other when your mattress will never leave or betray you?
Do Your Research
- Start researching what you want in a new mattress. Create a list of "must-haves" and things you're willing to live without. Going through this process will give you a good idea of what you're looking for when buying a mattress. There's an assortment of mattress types and mattress sizes, so do some research to see what qualities you're looking for. Not having to worry about a significant other's preferences will leave you with tons of different options when looking at beds.
- Consider your current sleeping positions. If you're a "starfish sleeper," you may want a queen size or king size bed so you have the wiggle room to sprawl out.
While You're Browsing
- Visit your local store and be upfront about your needs and wants. Having done your research ahead of time will help you communicate your preferences to your Mattress Firm sleep expert, and help them lead you in the right direction.
- Try before you buy. The best way to find your perfect match is to actually lie down on the mattresses in-store. Give each mattress at least five minutes of laying down in different sleeping positions so you can get a feel for its comfort level.
- Don't leave any stone left unturned. Since you're only shopping for yourself, be sure and test out all of your options so you don't overlook anything. There are lots of different kinds of mattresses available, and you don't want to miss your perfect match!
- Don't settle. Your Mattress Firm sleep expert will help you find the best mattress that's right for your sleep needs and your wallet! But, if you don't love it right away, don't be afraid to keep looking.
- Consider sizing-up. There's no rule that says single-sleepers shouldn't sleep in a king size mattress if that's what works best for your sleep style.
- Give it some time. A new mattress can take time to adjust to your body, so we recommend giving the mattress a minimum of 30 nights of rest to allow for the adjustment period.
- Find your perfect sleeping accessories. Pillows, sheets and other accessories matter just as much as the mattress itself. Take time to pick out ones that you'll love and align with your style and comfort preferences. You'll be that much more happy with your bed!
- If your mattress isn't the perfect match, we can help you out. Our 120 night sleep trial ensures we match you to the the right mattress — if it's not the perfect fit, we'll happily pick it up and pair you with a new one.
Head to Mattress Firm to find your perfect mattress match today.