Mattress Firm Product Review Sweepstakes
PRESENTED BY MATTRESS FIRM
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Mattress Firm Product Review Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") is open to persons who are legal residents of, and physically located within, the 50 United States (excluding Rhode Island) and the District of Columbia, and eighteen (18) years of age or older at time of entry. Void where prohibited. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Employees and directors of Mattress Firm, Inc., and its affiliates, subsidiaries, franchisees and advertising and promotional agencies, judges, and the immediate family members (herein, defined as spouse, siblings, children and each of their respective spouses, regardless of residence, and any person living in such a person's household, whether related or not) of each as well as the employees of any company affiliated with the Sweepstakes and collectively with the foregoing persons or entities (the "Sweepstakes Entities"), are not eligible to participate.
2. Entry Period: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00am Eastern Time ("ET") on March 29th, 2020 and ends at 11:59pm ET on April 28th, 2020. The Sweepstakes is a monthly promotion (referred to hereafter as “Monthly Entry Period”). Each Monthly Entry Period begins at 12:00am ET on the 29th day of the month and ends at 11:59pm ET on the 28th day of the following month. A monthly random drawing will be conducted from all eligible entries received per Monthly Entry Period.
3. How to Enter: There are two (2) methods of entry: the Online Method of Entry and the Mail-In Method of Entry outlined below.
i) Online Method of Entry: During each Monthly Entry Period, eligible participants can enter the Sweepstakes by following these steps: (a) post-purchase, an email will be sent requesting a product review. Follow the link; and (b) provide a product review of the products shown. After successfully submitting a product review, you will automatically be entered into the Sweepstakes ("Online Entry"). Inappropriate comments in the product review or inaccurate or false product reviews not based on your personal experience with the product reviewed will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. To be eligible for a given monthly random drawing, your Online Entry(ies) must be received within the applicable Monthly Entry Period.
ii) Mail-In Method of Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes without providing feedback or review on a Mattress Firm product, you may submit a mail-in entry. To enter via this method, send an index card with your first and last name, street address, phone number and email address printed on it in an envelope to: Mattress Firm Product Review Sweepstakes, Attn: Steve Barnes, 10201 S Main Street, Houston, TX 77025 ("Mail-In Entry"). Each Mail-In Entry must be mailed separately. Sponsor is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, illegible or postage-due mail. To be eligible for a given monthly random drawing, your Mail-In Entry(ies) must be postmarked during the applicable Monthly Entry Period and received within seven (7) days later.
Online Entry and Mail-In Entry will be referred to as “Entry(ies)” from this point on. Only one Entry per Monthly Entry Period per person. All eligible monthly Entries received will not roll over to the subsequent Monthly Entry Period. If no eligible entry is received in a given Monthly Entry Period, that monthly prize will not be awarded. Entries using macro, robotic, script or other forms of automatic entry will be disqualified. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, deceiving or using other unfair playing practices. Entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Proof of submission does not constitute proof of receipt. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the prize will be awarded to the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. The "Authorized Account Holder" is defined as the natural person to whom the email address is assigned by an Internet service provider, online service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If a dispute cannot be resolved to Sponsor's satisfaction, the affected entry will be deemed ineligible.
4. Prizes and Their Approximate Retail Values ("ARV"): A $500.00 Visa® gift card ("Gift Card") will be awarded to each monthly winner. One (1) prize per Monthly Entry Period and a total of 3 winners will be selected at random in this Sweepstakes. Usage of Gift Card is subject to the terms and conditions on the Gift Card. Gift Card is awarded on an “as is” basis, and cannot be redeemed for cash or used as payment for purchases of additional Gift Cards or as an adjustment to prior purchase(s) or applied as payment on any account. Gift Card will not be replaced if lost or stolen.
Odds of winning a prize will depend on the number of eligible Entries received during a given Monthly Entry Period. Any applicable taxes and all other costs/expenses not specifically identified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of each winner. Limit: one (1) prize per household.
Prizes are nontransferable, and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made, other than as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in whole or in part, of equal or greater monetary value if a prize cannot be awarded, in whole or in part, as described for any reason.
5. Random Drawing and Notification: One (1) potential winner will be selected each month by random drawing by an authorized representative of Sponsor whose decisions are final and binding. Each monthly random drawing will be conducted approximately two (2) weeks after the end of each Monthly Entry Period. Potential winners need not be present to win, and will be contacted by email, phone or mail on or about two (2) business days after the random drawing using the contact information given at the time of entry. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of email address, mailing address, and/or telephone number of entrants. Each potential winner will be required to submit to Sponsor a signed affidavit of eligibility and a liability and publicity release ("Affidavit") within seven (7) days from the date of notification or his/her prize will be forfeited. Prize forfeiture may result from any of the following: i) an Affidavit or a prize notification is returned as undeliverable; ii) the Affidavit is not returned within the date specified on notification; iii) winner is otherwise found to be ineligible; iv) winner cannot accept or receive the prize for any reason; and v) any other non-compliance with these Official Rules. In the event of any prize forfeiture, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, award or not award the forfeited prize to an alternate winner. Attempts may be made to notify up to three (3) alternate winners for the unfulfilled prize; after which the unfulfilled prize will not be awarded. Once each potential winner's eligibility is verified, he/she will be confirmed as a winner. As a condition of receiving the prize, each winner will be required to furnish his/her Social Security number to Sponsor and an IRS Form 1099 will be filed in the name of the winner for the value of the prize. Prize will be sent to the winner approximately thirty (30) days from the date each winner is confirmed. The Sponsor is not responsible for any returned undeliverable prize and such prize will be forfeited.
7. General: Entrants must have a valid email address, and it is entrant's responsibility to update Sponsor of any change in email address. By entering this Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor on all matters relating to the Sweepstakes, which are final and binding. Winners are responsible for all local, state and federal taxes on the prizes, including sales or use taxes. By participating, each entrant agrees to, releases and holds the Sweepstakes Entities and their respective divisions, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively "Releasees") harmless from any injury, loss or damage to person, including death, personal injury or loss or damage to property due in whole or in part, directly or indirectly to the acceptance or use/misuse of a prize, participation in any promotion-related activity or participation in the Sweepstakes. By accepting a prize, each winner agrees, where imposing such condition is legal, that Sponsor and their designees shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use of his/her name, city and state of residence and/or likeness for advertising and publicity purposes in any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation, permission or notification and, upon request, will confirm consent to such use in writing. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical or other error in the offer or administration of this Sweepstakes, or in the announcement of winners and prizes. In the event there is a discrepancy or inconsistency between statements contained in any materials and the terms and conditions of these Official Rules, these Official Rules shall prevail, govern and control. In the event Sponsor is prevented from continuing with this Sweepstakes, or the integrity and/or feasibility of the Sweepstakes as planned is undermined by any event including but not limited to fire, flood, epidemic, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, war (declared or undeclared), terrorist threat or activity, or any federal, state, or local government law, order, or regulation, order of any court or jurisdiction (each a "Force Majeure" event or occurrence), Sponsor shall have the right, in its sole discretion, to abbreviate, modify, suspend, cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes and award each prize from among all eligible Entries received up to that date. All disputes, claims and causes of action at law or in equity (individually, "Claim") arising out of or relating to this Sweepstakes, the meaning or interpretation of the rules or any prize awarded shall be resolved by applying the laws of the State of Texas, without regard to conflict of laws provisions therein, and shall be solely and exclusively brought in the state or federal courts within that state. All Claims shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action and all Claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, but in no event include attorneys' fees, and under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental, special, consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and waives all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased.
8. Sponsor: Mattress Firm, Inc., 10201 S Main Street, Houston, Texas 77025 ("Sponsor"), whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of this Sweepstakes.
9. Winner's List: For the names of the Winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by May 11th, 2020, to: Mattress Firm Product Review Sweepstakes, Attn: Steve Barnes, 10201 S Main Street, Houston, TX 77025.