Buying Guide: Couples
Sharing a bed with your significant other can be an intimate and fulfilling experience. Picking out a mattress, however, is not so simple. Many times, couples have differing sleep needs, so someone ends up sacrificing individual sleeping preferences and needs to make their partner happy.
But it shouldn't have to be that way. We've compiled this mattress buying guide to help make the buying process easier as a couple — because sleep shouldn't have to be a sacrifice for anyone. And, no matter which bed you choose, you can rest easy knowing you're getting the best beds at the best value at Mattress Firm.
Before Going In-Store
- Be upfront about your sleeping needs. Everyone has different sleep preferences — like wanting a soft mattress or a firm mattress, for example — and knowing each other's wants and needs ahead of time will save some potentially heated conversations down the road.
- Do your research. Spend some time together looking at what kind of Mattress Firm mattresses are available. Having an idea in mind of what you might want will help your Mattress Firm salesperson better direct you to the best mattress.
- Create a list of mattress “must-haves" and “can-live-withouts." Going through this process together can help narrow down things that you both really want to have in the right mattress.
As You're Shopping
- Shop together. It's essential that you shop for a new mattress as a couple versus shopping separately and comparing finds. We encourage you to test out all the mattresses you're interested in a store — as a couple — to make sure that both partners are comfortable and happy with their choice. All Mattress Firm sales associates are prepared and will help you find the best bed for couples, not just individuals.
- Explore new options. Finding a mattress for couples can seem like a challenge, but it's important to keep an open mind and experiment with different size mattresses. Sharing a bed with a partner can be rather difficult on a small mattress. Test out a variety of sizes — like queen mattresses and king mattresses — to make sure both partners have plenty of room to sleep peacefully.
- Accessorize. Think about an adjustable base for your bed. If both partners cannot come to an agreement on the right mattress, an adjustable bed may solve your problem! Several king size adjustable bases allow you to adjust each side individually through a split design, allowing each partner to find their perfect sleep position.
- Compromise is key. This doesn't mean you need to sacrifice your sleep preferences; but rather, making sure that both of your sleeping needs are met with the mattress you purchase.
- A new mattress takes time to adjust to your body, so we recommend giving the mattress a minimum of 30 nights of rest to allow for the adjustment period.
- With Mattress Firm, returns are easy. If you are not satisfied with your mattress anytime within 120 nights from original delivery, we'll take it back.
At Mattress Firm, we know that bigger does mean better when it comes to your mattress. And we're here to tell you that bigger is also in your budget, so now is the time to give yourself the luxury of a larger bed, at a price you can afford.
Don't miss out on this amazing deal! Get to your nearest Mattress Firm today to find the bed of your (and your partner's ?) dreams.