Want to Be Paid to Sleep?
Application Deadline | May 3rdAPPLY NOW
ARE YOU THE SNOOZETERN
WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Pursuing a degree in catching Z’s? Would you rather carry a pillowcase instead of a briefcase? This summer, you can snag the internship of your dreams as Mattress Firm’s “Snoozetern.” You’ll test the optimal head and foot positions on our selection of adjustable bases for Netflix binging, Instagram stalking *ahem* posting, reading, typing, eating…really anything that would be better in bed.
If you think you’re a slumber star, apply now to sleep on the job as our in-house bed tester. Sleep your best life by joining our team! Will you answer the call for what could be the job of your dreams?
WHAT IF 9-5 WAS YOUR BEDTIME?
Here’s just a sample of the fun a Snoozetern has. No fancy lighting or camera crews. Just you, your phone, endless comfy beds and our social media fans. Oh, and whatever you can dream up.
Typically, catching Z’s at work is frowned upon, but if you are the next Snoozetern, it’s part of the job! Here are a few of the things that will be required of you during your internship:
- Test out our beds and create written and video reviews for our social platforms and MattressFirm.com
- Create regular video content about your Snoozetern experience for Mattress Firm’s social platforms
- Host Facebook Live events to give sleep tips and share your favorite products
- Capture Insta-worthy photos around BEDQuarters for our social platforms
- Interview Mattress Firm employees to get sleep tips and tricks from the best, and share these tips through video and blog content
- Create video content interviewing Houston locals about their sleep habits
- Attend Mattress Firm events and capture photo/video content
- This is a paid internship requiring 30 hr/week commitment
- Specific hourly schedule can be determined based on your availability within the work week
- You’ll come to work at BEDQuarters in Houston, but will also have a chance to visit local Mattress Firm locations
If your greatest skills include sleeping in, constant napping, and a passion for a good night’s rest, we have the internship for you.
- 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in napping, regardless of time of day
- Interested in exposure to different surfaces, textures and sleep positions
- Passionate about sleep and comfort
- Eager to meet new people and talk to them about awesome things like sleep
- Creative and able to edit short videos using editing software like Animoto, iMovie, Adobe Spark or Final Cut Pro
- Curious about things you can’t see — like those illusive dreams and what’s inside your mattress
- Available to start snoozing in the Houston-area beginning mid-May
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Help us help the sleep deprived by applying to join our team. Comfort and curiosity are calling. Will you answer?APPLY NOW
- Once the submission deadline passes, we will review all entries.
- Finalists will be selected to interview at Mattress Firm BEDQuarters.
- The top 3-5 finalists will be asked to create a fun and engaging video (60 seconds max) to upload to YouTube that shows why you would be the best Snoozetern. Videos submitted in 1:1 (square) format preferred.
- Videos from the top entrants will be published on Mattress Firm’s Instagram, and we will give our followers the opportunity to vote for their favorite.
- Entrants will also be encouraged to share Mattress Firm’s post with their friends to receive more votes on their submission.
- Several factors will go into selecting our next Snoozetern - one of these will be how many votes your video receives.
Questions? Email email@example.com about the snoozeternship.
Q + A
Where is the internship based?
The internship is based At BEDQuarters in Houston, TX.
Do I need to live in Houston to apply?
Applicants must have housing in the Houston area, as well as transportation to and from the office.
What are the internship hours?
The internship will be 30 hours per week and hours can be flexible based on your availability.
How long is the internship?
The internship will run from early May through July.
What is the internship compensation?
This is a paid internship.
Will I receive academic credit for the internship?
If this internship meets your university’s qualifications, you can earn academic credits.
Do I need to be in college to apply?
You do not need to be in college to apply - we are accepting Snoozetern applicants at least 18 years of age.
Will I really get to sleep on the job?
Yes! Testing out the mattresses will be part of your role as a Snoozetern. The position will also involve fun content creation - such as capturing photos and video footage of events and writing reviews of your snoozing experience.
How do I know if I am one of the final candidates?
Our TA&R team will contact you to let you know if you made it to the final round.
What is the interview process?
Fill out the application. If selected to move forward, you’ll be brought in to interview at BEDQuarters in Houston. If selected as a finalist, you’ll create a fun and engaging video (60 seconds max) that shows why you would be the best Snoozetern. Your video will be shared on Mattress Firm’s Instagram and our followers will have the chance to vote for you.
How many snoozeterns will there be?
Mattress Firm is selecting one Snoozetern at this time.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.