Want to Be Paid to Sleep?
Application Deadline | July 27
Create a video telling us why you would be the best Snoozetern.APPLY NOW
ARE YOU THE SNOOZETERN
WE’RE LOOKING FOR?
Pursuing a degree in catching Z’s? Would you rather carry a pillowcase instead of a briefcase? This Fall, you can snag the internship of your dreams as Mattress Firm’s first “Snoozetern.”
We are searching for someone who can put their rest to the test. If you think you’re a slumber star, apply to sleep on the job as our in-house bed tester, testing the best of the best mattresses. The back of your eyelids won’t be your only view. You’ll test the optimal head and foot positions on our selection of adjustable bases for Netflix binging, Instagram stalking *ahem* posting, reading, typing, eating…really anything that would be better in bed.
Of course, you’ll want your friends to know that you’re ‘sleeping your best life’ so regular appearances on Mattress Firm’s social channels will make the job of your dreams official. Feed your inquisitive nature by interviewing our sleep experts, finding out what the social sphere wants to know and determining the perfect amount of pillows needed for the ‘I’m-sleeping-but-still-taking-a-picture-of-myself’ selfie.
Help us help the sleep deprived by applying to join our team. Comfort and curiosity are calling, will you answer?
Typically, catching z’s at work is frowned upon, but if you are the next Snoozetern, it’s part of the job! Here are a few things that will be required of you during your internship:
- Test out our beds and create written and video reviews for our social platforms and MattressFirm.com
- Create regular video content about your Snoozetern experience for Mattress Firm’s social platforms
- Host Facebook Live events to give sleep tips and share your favorite products
- Capture Insta-worthy photos around BEDQuarters for our social platforms
- Interview Mattress Firm employees to get sleep tips and tricks from the best, and share these tips through video and blog content
- Create video content interviewing Houston locals about their sleep habits
- Attend Mattress Firm events and capture photo/video content
- This is a paid internship requiring a 20 hr/week commitment
- Specific hourly schedule can be determined based on your availability within the work week
- You’ll come to work at BEDQuarters in Houston, but will also have a chance to visit local Mattress Firm locations
If your greatest skills include sleeping in, constant napping and a passion for a good night’s rest, we have the internship for you.
- 18 years of age or older
- Proficient in napping, regardless of time of day
- Interested in exposure to different surfaces, textures and sleep positions
- Passionate about sleep and comfort
- Eager to meet new people and talk to them about awesome things like sleep
- Creative and able to edit short videos using editing software like Animoto, iMovie, Adobe Spark or Final Cut Pro
- Curious about things you can’t see — like those illusive dreams and what’s inside your mattress
- Available to start snoozing in the Houston-area beginning August 15
HOW TO APPLY
Applying is simple!
1. Create a fun and engaging video (60 seconds max) that shows why you would be the best Snoozetern.
Videos submitted in 1:1 (square) format are strongly preferred.
2. Upload the video to YouTube.
3. Enter your information and video URL in the application form linked below.
Here are a few sample questions to answer within your entry…but these are just ideas! Use your video as the opportunity to get creative and show off your personality. For example, we want to hear why you are the “nap queen” or learn about your ability to snore the alphabet:
- Why would you be the perfect Snoozetern?
- Do you like to nap? Why?
- What sort of tips, information or education would you give to sleep-deprived Americans?
Find us on social media:
- Once the submission deadline passes, we will review all entries.
- Five top finalists will be selected to interview at BEDQuarters in Houston.
- Videos from the three top entrants will be published on Mattress Firm’s Instagram, and we will give our followers the opportunity to vote for their favorite.
- Entrants will also be encouraged to share Mattress Firm’s post with their friends to receive more votes on their submission.
- Several factors will go into selecting our next Snoozetern - one of these will be how many votes your video receives.
- The selected Snoozetern will be notified by August 10.
Questions? Email email@example.com about the snoozeternship.
Q + A
Where is the internship based?
The internship is based at BEDQuarters in Houston, TX.
Do I need to live in Houston to apply?
Applicants must have housing in the Houston area, as well as transportation to and from the office.
What are the internship hours?
The internship will be 20 hours per week and hours can be flexible based on your availability.
How long is the internship?
The internship will run from Aug. 15 - Nov. 15.
What is the internship compensation?
This is a paid internship.
Will I receive academic credit for the internship?
If this internship meets your university’s qualifications, you can earn academic credits.
Do I need to be in college to apply?
You do not need to be in college to apply - we are accepting all Snoozetern applicants 18 years of age and older.
Will I really get to sleep on the job?
Yes! Testing out the mattresses will be part of your role as a Snoozetern. The position will also involve fun content creation - such as capturing video and photo footage of events and writing reviews of your snoozing experience.
How do I know if I am one of the final candidates?
Final applicants will be notified via email by July 27. Be on the lookout for an email from Mattress Firm.
What is the interview process?
You will be contacted via email to arrange an interview, if you are one of the top candidates. These candidates will be invited to BEDQuarters in Houston for a formal interview. The top three candidates will then have their videos published on our Instagram - giving our followers the opportunity to decide on the final Snoozetern.
How many snoozeterns will there be?
Mattress Firm is selecting one Snoozetern at this time.
All applicants are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other discriminatory factors prohibited by law.